- Make the values of a function zero, when it becomes complex or indeterminate
- Why does UndirectedGraph sometimes relabel vertices?
- Symbolic integration in real domain only ( assumptions and ComplexExpand don't work)
- what type of spider
- Do any names start with 谦？
- What is the story behind Robert Langdon's Mickey Mouse watch?
- What is the significance of the multiple references to watches throughout the film?
- What is the purpose or meaning behind the hot rod in the Iron Man series?
- Where is the Westworld park actually located?
- What does this Oompa Loompa whisper to Wonka in the T.V. Room?
- On which level does Cobb die?
- normal derivatives where normal vector is ill-defined
- How did Gothic differ from Baroque Architecture?
- What's the festival shown in this illustration?
- In Revelation 22 is it twelve manner of fruits per month or one fruit per month for twelve months?
- how can I analyse a sentence using tree Diagram?
- Mistakenly sent BTC from my personal wallet back to one of the exchange wallet addresses that I had received BTC from before - help recoveri
- Scam or not terabox?
- What's the scriptural basis for Protestants to believe that their future sins have been forgiven?
- Akathist to St. Lawrence
Gates Carbon Drive vs Chain Long Term Lifespan and Maintenance
I'm looking to get a new bike which will require the smallest amount of maintenance.
The bike will have a hub and I have the choice of single speed chain or belt drive.
I have been looking at the Gates Carbon Drive and investigating maintenance costs:
A CDX belt is around 8 times more expensive than a chain where I live.
Also the chainring and rear sprocket are round 4 times more expensive.
What is the lifespan of a Gates belt against a chain?
I've looked up online but peoples opinions are conflicting.
Some say in similar conditions a belt will have a similar lifespan, while others claim up to 10 times longer use.
What is the actual lifespan of a belt compared to a well maintained single speed chain in similar conditions?
I understand a belt drive is not maintenance free but much less than a chain.
If a belt can last 4 times longer than chain then I would consider this worth the investment.
Also is there an expected life difference between 11 speed and single speed cha
On single sped vs. 11 speed chains. A SS chain should last a lot longer than a derailleur chain. SS chains will have wider side-plates and therefore larger bearing surfaces. The big difference is that SS chains are run with the chain ring and sprocket aligned. Derailleur chains spend most of their time being run with the chain ring and sprocket offset so the chain has to cope with lateral forces.2018-03-22 14:13:46