- how to edit the command when copy into conque
- In history of algebra, who was the first to add one equation to another equation?
- Description export from org-mode to Latex has an anomaly
- How to protect your ship against TW-range lasers?
- Are there more than one description of Antahkarana?
- Category not loading template
- change hinge loss error function with cross-entropy
- How do i convert a Named num [1:4] to a data frame in R?
- What is the Joomla database code for the group_concat from tables joined by a third
- Why lithosphere thickness varies within short distance?
- How AI can help learn mathematics
- How to clear FIFO buffer on MPU6050?
- Connect HC-05 Client to PyBluez Server Ubuntu
- Need help with coverting Celsius toFahrenheit in the code
- What is TOGA LK in Airbus 320? How to come out of TOGA LK?
- TUI Airways safety record
- What climb rates can the Airbus A320-200 achieve and which climb rates are commonly used for normal flight operations?
- Cosa sono le “strade a ruota”?
- Two way ram radio to cmmunicate between two stations
- Which kind of strategy should we take to discover Planet 9 and other KBOs?
How Can I Teach My Green-Cheek Conure the Concept of “Stepping Up?”
We have a pretty sweet little Green-Cheek Conure (very beautiful bird) who is pretty well behaved, all things considered.
When she finds her way to us (my wife and I), which is pretty seldom, she is quite pleasant. She doesn't bite, plays a bit, and is overall, really well behaved.
I know she likes attention by how she acts when we're talking to her and playing with her on her cage (in fact, one time she even made it all the way from her cage on the kitchen table, ten feet away, in the dark, with only the light of the living room T.V., walked across the floor, and started climbing up my side [I was sitting on my knees]). Clearly, she likes attention, when she wants it.
The only thing she has a problem with is seeing our fingers as a perch. We raise up our finger, say "Step up!", she responds by pecking at it (not hard, but enough to tell us to back off).
I've tried putting a piece of green apple (which she loves) between her and my finger, but she tends to bite harder
Frankly she sounds like she has you trained pretty well.
Here are some tips that I used to teach this to a number of different birds. Your conure is still very young so this shouldn't be terribly difficult.
Don't attempt training when they are near their cage
A bird sees its cage as its territory and it gives the bird comfort as well as makes the bird feel empowered. This is a good thing really but this mindset in a bird makes them too independent and hard to train. Wait until the bird wants attention from you and comes to you up on your shoulder. Take them from the room to a place they aren't terribly accustomed to. They will probably be a little more clingy to you because they are out of your element and they will certainly pay more attention to you.
Find a treat they like as a reward
My birds adore bananas, watermelon, cantaloupe and apples. I reserve these foods specifically for treats and rewards and only give them a little bit in their bowl until I want them to have2018-02-15 08:50:21
I got my untamed conure about a month ago. Due to where we got him (very dirty, in small cage with 3 others and no hand taming) I thought it would take forever....but I'm persistent
I started with the usual but he'd just run away scared. Then I backed off and just gave him millet treats (only thing he'd even try ) for 2 days several times a day. Once I saw he was comfortable I started to put the millet further away so he'd have to reach more. Then I put it so that he'd have to climb my finger to reach and put my finger over his favorite perch. 10 days later....he knows step up!!!!
Now we are working on being comfortable with our hands outside the cage
Good luck2018-02-15 09:03:00
hi I can go to the cage than h run away I got him at 6 weeks where I got the birds said I was not feeding them right I was not fast a enoght so she took them back I bought two one passaway but because went back to hr they wher steping up I was holding them he will come to the bottom of the cagean talk to me I can get it him that way but when I put my hand he run2018-02-15 09:20:27