- Who is King Lemuel in Proverbs 31?
- Are there established linguistic theories which incorporate the concept of “lazy speech”?
- Get private-keys from wallet using bitcoinj
- can there be a normal wallet that is equivalent to a multisig wallet?
- Electrum multisig 2of2 on separate machines and both offline(cold storage)
- Can someone find out how much bitcoin do I have using my public key?
- Caleb Name Meaning (Hebrew)
- Why did Clement and Eusebius believe that Paul was married?
- Why were none of the Apostolic fathers' writings included in the last canon accepted in the Ecumenical Councils?
- Is it right to talk about dynamic range on frequency domain?
- What algorithms to use for a secure transport protocol on devices with limited computing power
- Multi-secret sharing (Packed secret sharing) - Some questions
- Cryptography scheme to prove you really are the author for something
- Can I get married if my visa has expired?
- What this plant is called
- Which movement was Karl Popper talking about?
- Is this argument valid?
- Does god know what comes after his death?
- What does ダンッ mean?
- I need help with a Japanese Haiku
How to change the home page to be domain.com/blog?
A client wants to build a new Joomla website in two phases. The first phase is a very simple website with mainly a blog. The blog would appear on the home page. The second phase will include the rest of the company's content and will have the blog appear on the Main Menu. But for phase 1 the blog (which are Joomla Articles) is going to appear as domain.com/article.
The concern is not to lose the SEO from the blog in phase 2 of the website. So how can we make it so in phase 1 the home page which will display the blog and the blog articles appearing as domain.com/blog/article so that when we complete phase 2 none of the SEO efforts on the blog is lost?
The intention is to build this website correctly the first time so none of the SEO from the blog is disrupted and needs no redirection in phase 2.
Where and how can this best be accomplished? A Joomla extension? If so, which one? Something in .htaccess? If so, please provide an example or a link to what you have in mind. C
First of all you won't lose your SEO ranking as long as you redirect your visitors correctly. The links Google found shouldn't result in a 404 error page, but redirect to a valid page. This can be the same link structure, but you can also use .htaccess to redirect.
The best way is to change the base/root in the .htaccess: RewriteBase /blog
If you want a htaccess-maker for Joomla I can recommend Akeeba Admin Tools.2017-04-03 01:10:04
Well, final answer depends on many things, but as a basic approach for what you have described I probably would conclude on building the blog section and its url structure under a www.example.com/blog of the Joomla site and use an htaccess redirect for the homepage requests to the /blog for as long as this is what you need.2017-04-03 01:35:18