- A way to go to Mars and come back
- how to do I make the battery part of this camera?
- How to rid of “seams” from texture?
- Find center of geometry of a set of objects
- BGE Animated Fireball Group
- Importing multiple movie clips inside one directory via script
- Blender 2.79 Issues importing Collada (DAE)
- How to efficiently find graphic design opportunities
- Traffic duplication for dynamic consumers
- Sustainable Exterior Siding
- Rough cost-benefit of stopping car to recycle batteries
- Meaning of the word “else”
- Jane and Mark's and my house
- Grid Serializer Magento 2.2 In product edit page - adminhtml
- Why All Might could handle the power of One for All at once and Midoriya couldnt?
- Did Kishimoto kill Itachi because he was too strong to fight in the Fourth Great Ninja War?
- controlling 6-axis robotic arm with raspberry pi, what instructions can do this?
- Submitting web-to-leads with AJAX instead of embedded form
- Upload large ContentVersion records
- How to get Id of Inline Vf page without using controller?
How to change the home page to be domain.com/blog?
A client wants to build a new Joomla website in two phases. The first phase is a very simple website with mainly a blog. The blog would appear on the home page. The second phase will include the rest of the company's content and will have the blog appear on the Main Menu. But for phase 1 the blog (which are Joomla Articles) is going to appear as domain.com/article.
The concern is not to lose the SEO from the blog in phase 2 of the website. So how can we make it so in phase 1 the home page which will display the blog and the blog articles appearing as domain.com/blog/article so that when we complete phase 2 none of the SEO efforts on the blog is lost?
The intention is to build this website correctly the first time so none of the SEO from the blog is disrupted and needs no redirection in phase 2.
Where and how can this best be accomplished? A Joomla extension? If so, which one? Something in .htaccess? If so, please provide an example or a link to what you have in mind. C
First of all you won't lose your SEO ranking as long as you redirect your visitors correctly. The links Google found shouldn't result in a 404 error page, but redirect to a valid page. This can be the same link structure, but you can also use .htaccess to redirect.
The best way is to change the base/root in the .htaccess: RewriteBase /blog
If you want a htaccess-maker for Joomla I can recommend Akeeba Admin Tools.2017-04-03 01:10:04
Well, final answer depends on many things, but as a basic approach for what you have described I probably would conclude on building the blog section and its url structure under a www.example.com/blog of the Joomla site and use an htaccess redirect for the homepage requests to the /blog for as long as this is what you need.2017-04-03 01:35:18