- What does “v'ha” mean?
- “New TOR Circuit for this Site” changes all tabs IP addreses
- How to completly remove influence of bone to mesh
- Motion Blur at different frames
- Trackpad with Surface Book cannot navigate 3D View
- Tracking scene moves markers from points in 3D view
- Smooth transition between distorted and undistorted result of Movie Distortion node
- How do you access the ruler?
- Object not showing up in full render
- How to say “pay exact amount of money”
- How to use the word 'suitable' properly?
- why the answer in this question is “(A)”?
- What's the difference between drug and medication?
- Which auxiliary verb or copular to refer to uncountable nouns?
- Is there difference between bedding, bedclothes and linen or are consider synonym?
- What would you call someone who sneaks into and stays in places where they have to be signed up, e.g. classes/country clubs
- What is the brown paper covering coffee called in English?
- Not Redirecting after click place order button in checkout page
- Custom Customer Attribute not Saving Magneto 2
- Redirect to customer login page with filled email field
Store Bitcoins offline
I have some bitcoins and ether at Blockchain.info and I am really scared of losing them.
How do I best secure them? Right now I have a paper with the code to restore my wallet, but my coins are still stored at Blockchain.info.
Wouldn't it be better to store them completely offline? How do I do this? What is the difference of storing them at Blockchain.info and keep a paper with the code to restore the wallet?
I guess if I store my coins at Blockchain.info, I have to trust that they don't go bankrupt, they don't steal my coins, and no one hacks their servers and steal my coins.
Therefore, I guess it's more safe to store them physically, but I don't understand how they are stored physically. From my understanding, I just create a code that can validate that I am the owner of the coins. So if I in the future want to see my coins, I can create an online wallet using the physically stored code?
What I basically want is to store my coins offline but have a wallet where I c
Might be worth reading through https://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet.
Personally I use a local encrypted wallet (standard bitcoin core software) that I back up to USB. My assumption is that the strength of the wallet encryption is good enough that even if my PC or USB is compromised the wallet pass phrase will keep my coins safe.2017-09-23 11:36:56