- hfill in math mode redux
- Error in compiling a file with its own document class using MiKTeX 2.9.6643
- Defining nodes of a matrix programmatically
- making a framed box full of numbered text (with caption) in TeX?
- Big symbol “|” in latex
- Drawing a triangular array with a nested \foreach loop in TikZ
- Hyperlink all of the page numbers to the Table of Cotents
- Issues with Pivot Table ArcGIS
- Route starting from closest node along edge
- What does the ST prefix stand for, e.g. in ST_Polygonize?
- Freezing legend on map composer so that it stops updating when changing symbols on map?
- How do I split polygon in equal parts based on polygon area?
- Draw an Ellipse in 4326
- Changing values in column based on another column in arcpy
- Unable to use a Toolbox with a input from DataInteroperability
- Does render caching in QGIS save permanently or is it only temporary?
- How to drill a hole in brick with precision?
- Attach New Brace to Joists for Ceiling Fan
- building house aprox 150000 pounds using 6x6 posts--what is recomended spacing from 3ft high to 12 ft high
- Reconciling high ceilings with New England cold weather
Conway's Siege of Life
They are immortal and they are killing us. We may not be able to kill them, but we might be able to keep them occupied, distracted, for eternity. But we need to figure out how. Before there are no more of us.
In an arena that measures 25 by 25, play Conway's Game of Life with these additional rules:
Cells outside the arena are always dead.
The cell at the center of the arena cannot be occupied and is considered always dead.
You may designate additional cells in the arena that are always dead.
At the end of an iteration, if there are any live cells in the center 3x3 area (trigger zone), all cells in the center 5x5 area (kill zone) die.
Task: Create an arrangement that represents the start of a time-wise loop (i.e.: returns to its original arrangement after some number of iterations).
Scoring: Total number of cells killed in the trigger zone during the span of one loop times 125,000 divided by the number of iterations in the loop. Highest score wins. (Give your arra