- What would happen to the US Economy if taxes exceed 20% of GDP
- What is the economic incentive to cheat? How does an experiment capture exogenous deviations?
- Can my character have a pet mammoth?
- Where is the mention of Surya Loka(सूर्य लोकं) in Hinduism?
- Mysql_close ()-why few people apply
- 25x25 slitherlink puzzle
- Is there a quick way to speed up ICP in python using a cached KD-tree
- HC 05, Arduino Uno
- Remove lag between PS3 input via bluetooth to arduino
- Use esp32 as a secure sockets
- Best way to organize many pdf's?
- Is EPUB ready for most phones?
- Where is the fuel stored on an aircraft’s wing?
- What are the aileron lengths of commercial and military aircraft?
- Do jet aircraft have an emergency propeller?
- Are there different configurations of cabin crew seating arrangement for one aircraft model?
- How do PPL, CPL, and ATPL compare?
- To what extent is remuneration under a PPL enforced in the UK?
- What criteria are used for exiting an airplane in an emergency?
- Getting my dog ready to Adopt a new cat
GMM preprocessing steps
I am trying to classify MNIST data (28x28x60000) using a GMM. I am looking for hints on preprocessing steps, what I've tried so far:
PCA and run GMM on first 10 principal components, looking for 10 GMM components: very poor performance
ICA and run GMM, slightly better performance than PCA but still not great
i've tried some manifold dimensionality reudction techniques like isomap and MDS but these don't work on such a large dataset, at least not on my pc.
In both cases I have tried initialising GMM weights with means equal to Kmeans cluster centers on the PCs.
bonus question: if using GMM with more than 10 components, is there a way to map these components back to the original 10 classes?