- this testing question involves how greasy grease can get
- Parking a 3-speed internal hub in 2nd gear permanently
- How can I make a Deck of Many Things?
- Can everybody disarm traps?
- Faded out folders in iCloud Drive
- mdfind -onlyin wildcard without pipe
- iOS reply to email with attachment
- iMovie for OS X removed from OS X?
- htaccess redirect invoice.php to /client/invoice.php
- What's a simple but secure method to get file contents into WordPress?
- How can I add a sortable link_updated column to the Link Manager?
- Split output and rejoin again with named pipes on linux
- interface stops retrieving pages when static ip is set
- different directories and wildcards using wget?
- usb 2-3: usb_reset_and_verify_device Failed to disable LTM
- insert current date into text document while editing it in Kate
- What is the KDE equivalent of a Nautilus script?
- How to shut down Fedora without logging in
- Shutdown from login prompt in tty
- busybox dmesg old timestamp format
Fortran mode: Moving with M-f or M-b suddenly stopped working
I was using fortran-mode for some time without problem, but recently the bindings M-f and M-b stopped working.
It seems that they are not bound to the forward-word and backward-word moving commands anymore, but instead to some commands defined in a file called ftnchek.el (this is what C-h k told me about them), which is apparently a "fortran 77 syntax and semantics checker". In this file, I found these:
; I'm not sure I like these but nobody's complaining.
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\C-x`" 'ftnchek-next-error)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-s" 'ftnchek-subprogram)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-b" 'ftnchek-buffer)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-p" 'ftnchek-previous-subprogram)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-n" 'ftnchek-next-subprogram)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-f" 'ftnchek-first-executable)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-h" 'ftnchek-what-subprogram)
which I think causes the problem.
So I have two questions:
ftncheck.el is not part of Emacs, so it's part of your config.
If you don't need ftncheck.el then you can just disable it or remove it.
Otherwise, you can just remove those keybindings:
;; Use default global binding for M-f and M-b.
(local-set-key "\M-f" nil)
(local-set-key "\M-b" nil)))2017-05-19 19:03:16