- What are the good books available on all the Four Vedas in English
- What do Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva do after 1 Kalpa when Brahmadev goes to sleep?
- How did the serpent Adisesha become bed for Lord Vishnu?
- What is difference between the roles of Manu and Prajapati?
- How is Akshaya Tritiya celebrated?
- Scriptural reference in Hindusim about shortness of human lives
- Why do Indian women wear Bichhia (Toe Rings)?
- Pronounce the word “Buddh” - phonetics
- SVOD and Social capabilities
- Grandma's Simple Puzzle Box
- Find the Cell Number, free the Mayor
- The very special matrix
- xgboost - How do I treat document ID in pairwise ranking
- SGD data should be randomly selected or sequentially feed?
- Blue Card and Bachelor of Fine Arts in Germany
- Combining freelance work with Kennismigrant work permit in Netherlands
- Which German language test would be more recognized for demonstrating “command of the language” when applying for the blue card/permanent re
- Arduino Uno max serial speed
- Function undermines all code
Fortran mode: Moving with M-f or M-b suddenly stopped working
I was using fortran-mode for some time without problem, but recently the bindings M-f and M-b stopped working.
It seems that they are not bound to the forward-word and backward-word moving commands anymore, but instead to some commands defined in a file called ftnchek.el (this is what C-h k told me about them), which is apparently a "fortran 77 syntax and semantics checker". In this file, I found these:
; I'm not sure I like these but nobody's complaining.
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\C-x`" 'ftnchek-next-error)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-s" 'ftnchek-subprogram)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-b" 'ftnchek-buffer)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-p" 'ftnchek-previous-subprogram)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-n" 'ftnchek-next-subprogram)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-f" 'ftnchek-first-executable)
(define-key fortran-mode-map "\M-h" 'ftnchek-what-subprogram)
which I think causes the problem.
So I have two questions:
ftncheck.el is not part of Emacs, so it's part of your config.
If you don't need ftncheck.el then you can just disable it or remove it.
Otherwise, you can just remove those keybindings:
;; Use default global binding for M-f and M-b.
(local-set-key "\M-f" nil)
(local-set-key "\M-b" nil)))2017-05-19 19:03:16