- shortest path from source to destenation in directed graph with limitation
- Whose hat was taken by P, how and why?
- Probability about winning prizes
- Modular equation with exponents on the exponents
- What if metric space is replaced by arbitrary topological space, will the result still hold?
- How can I ansewer what statistical test to use?
- Should I augment validation set?
- Gradient for deep neural net in matrix notation?
- using regression model to optimize teams working on work items
- Using a zero slope coefficient predictor variable in multiple regression
- Gamma GLMM with log-link: how to report “rate of change” from exponentiated coefficients?
- Showing these statistics are ancillary
- Why old platformers are only scrolling right?
- Unity 3d. Upload mobile game to facebook playable ads
- Unity camera has no preview, and is not moving
- American pancakes: Why not substitute some wheat flour for starch?
- What is all default name of player in Just Dance game
- Patients are hungry and thirsty
- I need super power ideas for my game
- I have a problem with the Commands in Minecraft (execute/scoreboard)
Did more gay men die in NYC during the AIDS crisis than US soldiers in Vietnam?
This Tumblr post, which has accumulated over 3,000 notes, claims:
During the 1980s, more gay men died in New York City during the AIDS
crisis than all recorded deaths of American soldiers in Vietnam.
Wikipedia cites US News to say that the number of US military casualties in the Vietnam war is 58,318. However, I cannot find a number on the number of deaths from AIDS in NYC during the AIDS crisis.
Since it is probably impossible to filter the AIDS death count to only gay men, I believe that all AIDS deaths would help address the claim as best as possible.