- Does a thunderbolt cable increase resolution on a monitor or just framerate?
- Unable to login
- Separate Login Page For Every User Role
- Wordpress 4.9.8 menu with sub menu, the parent menu links to # even if its a page
- Problem installing Solaris Studio
- Two Parter! Execute command silently in background when process finishes; Cause terminal background to flash a color
- How do I view the entire raw message in alpine?
- Lubuntu screen makes crazy screensaver?
- Debug nginx subs module
- Delete the XML files based on 3 criteria in the directory..Need shell script
- systemd-resolved - how to go direct to SoA for RBLs (mailserver blacklists)
- Does one party involved in the action of “introducing someone to someone else” have a higher authority?
- Is there one word that means “does not imply” or “does not automatically mean”
- Kinder phrase for “Enough of talking”
- Advice on how to change the phrase “the way” to an actual “thing”
- Could someone please explain what this paragraph means?
- Is there another one word substitue for officialese?
- Why is it impossible to say “He is as clever as (he is) rude”?
- Options when go private
- Why buy options instead of convertibles?
Did more gay men die in NYC during the AIDS crisis than US soldiers in Vietnam?
This Tumblr post, which has accumulated over 3,000 notes, claims:
During the 1980s, more gay men died in New York City during the AIDS
crisis than all recorded deaths of American soldiers in Vietnam.
Wikipedia cites US News to say that the number of US military casualties in the Vietnam war is 58,318. However, I cannot find a number on the number of deaths from AIDS in NYC during the AIDS crisis.
Since it is probably impossible to filter the AIDS death count to only gay men, I believe that all AIDS deaths would help address the claim as best as possible.