- Group these cells!
- Theme for LaTeX class beamer
- Was the mistake in the Falcon's cockpit ever fixed?
- Why did Harry and Ron wait to tell the teachers about the Basilisk?
- Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel?
- Looking for novel. Lobster like creatures sailing on a high gravity planet
- Update column values to integers
- Could not fetch table columns while access the mysql database
- What is wrong with this mysql trigger?
- Alternative of DBCC CHECKDB
- Icon looks very transparent when uploaded to Chrome Web Store
- A question about the readability of hanging indents in print
- Change Default Save as EPS options
- I am on a crossroads with name, building my new website/portfolio
- Store Auth-Token in Cookie or Header?
- Preventing Crypto mining attack on system/server
- When calling a process from another process, Is sending stdin password more secure than sending an ENV variable?
- Password managers and master passwords
- Uniqueness of the square-root of the diffusion matrix?
- Tracelessness of the EM tensor in a closed radiation dominated FRW universe?
Modifying Sparse Trees and Exporting in Org Mode
I want to use org-mode's sparse trees to export some of the headings in a document. Specifically, I want headlines and entries for all matches of a tag search, plus parents. org-show-context-detail controls this, but doesn't have quite the right setting. local is closest, but local also includes the next heading at the same level of match; I do not want next heading.
I am some content! I should be exported and visible!
* Definitely Don't Want This Subheading
So how do I make and export a sparse tree using an EXPORT=yes tag search, containing Heading, Subheading, and the entry of Subheading, without including the next heading? (Note: I do know about C-v in the org export dispatcher -- but it will still include a visible-but-folded headline, like Definitely Don't Want This Subheading.)
I was just looking at
I was just looking at this, ended up kludging a workaround.
According to http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/plain/etc/ORG-NEWS:
org-show-following-heading, org-show-siblings, org-show-entry-below and org-show-hierarchy-above no longer exist. Instead, visibility is
controlled through a single variable: org-show-context-detail.
But the values for for org-show-context-detail; minimal, local, ancestors, lineage, tree, canonical or t don't work. You want ancestors, but this doesn't show the entry. The entry text is shown for the 'local' value, but that shows the following headline.
My solution was to locate the function that does the display, org-show-set-visibility() in org.el, copy it wholesale to my init.el, and hack the line that decides whether to show the entry. I changed the check for 'local' to be 'ancestors'.
;; Show current heading and possibly its entry, following headline
;; or all children.
;; (if (and (org-at-heading-p) (not (eq detail 'local))) <-- ORIGINAL2017-04-21 14:31:26