- Wich Anime should i watch next?
- iRobot Create2+Arduino: Make the robot stop when facing an obstacle
- Is it best to make independent claims very broad and depended claims very narrow?
- Create Validation Rule Error Message
- LogUnsubEvent without JobId
- Can't set up a lightning component tab for one of my components
- Is there a way to run an arbitrary Visualforce page in Lightning Experience?
- How to get a customcontroller to return only certain data in a query?
- Completed Admin Beginner trail but now it's showing 48% complete
- Calls within Rep Queue
- Adding picklist value to changeset
- Target vs Contro using Automation Studio
- attached Entitlement to the case using criteria
- Display Json data in inputfield on dropdown change
- As a Jew, I need an explanation on this
- Why defend Islam on Chapter 5, Verse 38
- What does one need besides the approval of fellow scholars, to be called a scholar?
- Is it permissible to use subliminals to lighten the skin colour?
- How to persist port settings after reboot on a Raspbian Jessie Lite Proxy Server?
- Raspbian Default Hot Key to Pull Up Terminal?
Modifying Sparse Trees and Exporting in Org Mode
I want to use org-mode's sparse trees to export some of the headings in a document. Specifically, I want headlines and entries for all matches of a tag search, plus parents. org-show-context-detail controls this, but doesn't have quite the right setting. local is closest, but local also includes the next heading at the same level of match; I do not want next heading.
I am some content! I should be exported and visible!
* Definitely Don't Want This Subheading
So how do I make and export a sparse tree using an EXPORT=yes tag search, containing Heading, Subheading, and the entry of Subheading, without including the next heading? (Note: I do know about C-v in the org export dispatcher -- but it will still include a visible-but-folded headline, like Definitely Don't Want This Subheading.)
I was just looking at
I was just looking at this, ended up kludging a workaround.
According to http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/plain/etc/ORG-NEWS:
org-show-following-heading, org-show-siblings, org-show-entry-below and org-show-hierarchy-above no longer exist. Instead, visibility is
controlled through a single variable: org-show-context-detail.
But the values for for org-show-context-detail; minimal, local, ancestors, lineage, tree, canonical or t don't work. You want ancestors, but this doesn't show the entry. The entry text is shown for the 'local' value, but that shows the following headline.
My solution was to locate the function that does the display, org-show-set-visibility() in org.el, copy it wholesale to my init.el, and hack the line that decides whether to show the entry. I changed the check for 'local' to be 'ancestors'.
;; Show current heading and possibly its entry, following headline
;; or all children.
;; (if (and (org-at-heading-p) (not (eq detail 'local))) <-- ORIGINAL2017-04-21 14:31:26