- Are you more clever than Alice?
- Puzzle on encoding of a word
- Identify the special one among 12 coins
- Imbalanced dataset: undersampling or splitting the dataset first?
- Why the RNN has input shape error?
- Back-propagation through max pooling layers
- Novice in Programming and
- Prediction based on more dataframes
- What are some activities/projects I can assign to calculus students from bio/chem/physics majors to specifically motivate their interest?
- Passport renewal : H1-B visa stamping on soon to expire passport
- Will bringing my mother in visitor visa to Germany cause any problems when I try to bring prove her hardship?
- OV7670 doesn't respond with Arduino Leonardo
- What are these small propellers in the A330 MRTT's wings?
- Tardare e Ritardare
- Is the mechanism of solar flares on red dwarfs and brown dwarfs the same as that on the Sun?
- Using Python to Get Parent Bone Names
- can anyone make me importer for this xml file type please?
- Can't render skin diffuse color in cycles render
- Can't Render Anything
- Extracting vertices data after transformations
Why do they unscrew the phone mouth-pieces?
In All The President's Men, there's a scene where someone is repeatedly calling The Washington Post, to deny something they've done (or rather, to deny that they did it whilst in the appartment of a woman who's not his wife) and a bunch of people want to listen in on the phone call.
So they do the famous "everyone join the line together so they can all hear".
But before joining the line, some of them appear to unscrew part of the phone. What's up with that?
I assume from context that it's something about not being heard?